Cajun Grilled Shrimp (Whole30 + Paleo + Keto)
Share the love!
This recipe is SO simple, and packed with flavor. I was gifted the cast iron shrimp pan for Mother’s Day, and I knew I had to make something fantastic. My older two sons were at my parent’s for a sleepover, so I could up the spicy factor for dinner without much complaint!
1. If you have a premade Cajun seasoning blend on hand, you can use 2 tbsp instead of the full blend below. I really like Bill Baron’s Cajun Seasoning.
2. While the cast iron is not necessary, I have to say, it’s such a game changer. It holds the juices and moisture while the shrimp cook, making the flavor that much more delicious
3. You can purchase the pan HERE
- 2 lb jumbo shrimp uncooked; peeled with tail on
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika I prefer smoked
- 1/4 tsp seafood seasoning I prefer New Bae from Primal Palate, you can also use Old Bay
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped for garnish
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges for garnish
- If you are going to use wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for at least one hour
- Start the grill, allowing it to heat thoroughly
- In a large bowl, whisk together onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, black pepper, sea salt, cayenne, paprika, sea food seasoning and olive oil
- Add the shrimp to the bowl, cover with plastic kitchen wrap and allow to marinate for 1 hour
- If you are using skewers, thread the shrimp; if you are using the shrimp cast iron, allow it to heat on the grill for at least 5 minutes
- Cook the skewered shrimp for 5-6 minutes, flipping once halfway through or until pink and opaque; Cook the cast iron shrimp for 5 minutes or until pink and opaque
- Remove the shrimp, garnish with parsley and heavy squeeze of lemon
This post contains affiliate links, and I may make a small commission.