Mamma Mia – Oven Baked Breaded Pork Chops
Share the love!
(Intro by my mom)
This spells comfort food made easy – it spells Karin Marie’s favorite dish requested for birthdays, holidays, actually, come to think about it, any day! This dish will satisfy, meet and greet all your expectations and then some. Crispy, but not fried, perfection inside & out without the frying, and without the mess.
Mangiamo (let’s eat)
- 3 cups Pre-seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 3.5 lbs Center cut, bone-in pork chops (room temp)
- 6 Eggs
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside
- Whisk eggs into a medium shallow bowl (large enough to fit pork chops), season the eggs with salt and pepper
- Place breadcrumbs in second medium shallow bowl (large enough to fit pork chops)
- One at a time, dip the pork chops in the egg mixture and then dredge in breadcrumbs, ensuring that you cover the chops completely with the breading. Place on the prepared baking sheet
- Liberally drizzle olive oil on top of the pork chops (about 2T per chop) this is what’s going to give you that fried flavor without all the mess
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, internal temperature should be 145 degrees F.
And don’t forget to pair with some fresh apple sauce and creamy mashed potatoes!
Karin + Mari Anne