Mamma Mia’s Whole30 Sausage and Peppers
Share the love!
Recipe by: Mari Anne (my mama)
This one Italian dish is full of classic good-tastes, eye-catching colors and mouth- watering symphony of flavors. Sausage & Peppers will spark your senses and have you cry out for more. This dish is for all seasons and never goes out of style or charm. Accompany this with a good hearty Italian bread to make a sandwich which will satisfy, gratify and dignify for seconds.
Mangiamo (Let’s eat) . . .
Be sure to check out the full cooking demo here on IGTV
Serves 6 adults (or plenty leftovers)
- 12 Sausage links (check your labels if you want to stay Whole30 or paleo)
- ½ cup Light extra virgin olive oil – you may need slightly more if peppers seem dry (read below for details)
- 9 Bell peppers (variety of colors is best, plus it just looks pretty- we totally forgot the green peppers *palms face*
- 1 tbsp Italian seasons (check labels if staying Whole30)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line large baking sheet (2 if needed) with parchment paper, set aside
- Cut the peppers into quarters size pieces (be sure to remove stem and seeds)
- Place the links and peppers on a baking sheet – it’s fine if they’re resting on top of each other, as the juices and flavors will mix. Just be sure it’s not piled too high, as you want to ensure everything is cooking evenly
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle seasonings over the sausage and peppers
- Use your hands to evenly massage olive oil and seasonings over the peppers
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, flipping halfway through (you want to see nice browning on the bottom when you flip. also, note that if the peppers seem dry, you may drizzle on a bit more olive oil)
- Remove from the oven and serve with some hot peppers or on some fresh Italian bread (I’m sure this goes without saying, but bread isn’t Whole30- haha!), with heavy drizzle of all those delicious oils. Pairs well with a fresh, crispy salad!
Be sure to tag my on Instagram, as I’d love to see and share your meals!
Karin + Mari Anne