Whole30 Baked Chicken Fajitas
Share the love!
Spice up your Taco Tuesday, or any night you want a fabulously delicious meal. This dish comes together quickly, and with just a few ingredients. Garnished to your liking, and did I mention they’re Whole30? I know, you’re welcome. Ha!
The best part is, they’re family friendly, even my one year old is a fan! I have limited the spice/heat for this reason, but feel free to up the chili powder or paprika, to your liking.
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided; you can also use avocado oil
- 4 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 can diced tomatoes check label to ensure it's compliant
- 3 bell peppers color of choice, and cut into strips
- 1 onion sliced into strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix chili powder, paprika, garlic and onion powder, salt, oregano, lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and cumin, place in either a Ziploc bag or glass bowl with a lid. Marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Using a large baking sheet, place peppers, onions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and heavy pinch of salt, using hands, mix well
- Add marinated chicken, diced tomates, and mix throughouly, and bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping half way through
- Garnish as desired – I like guacomole, salsa, jalepenos and crunchy romaine lettuce