Easy-Peasy House Salad
This super simple salad is one that my family has been making for years. I remember my grandmother making this for Sunday dinners, and now both my mom and I keep it in constant rotation. The best part is, you can just throw in whatever veggies you have on hand. I usually keep it to cucumbers and tomatoes, as this is what I know the boys will eat!
My grandmother would make this with Iceberg lettuce, but I prefer Romaine- you still the wonderful crunch of Iceberg, but a smidge more nutrients. But truly, you can use whatever greens you have on hand.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil it's important to use EVOO, anything else will taste heavy and oily
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar apple cider also works really well
- 1/2 English cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Wash and spin dry all produce
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients, and toss well
- Enjoy (see, I told you it was that easy)