Whole30 Stuffed Mushrooms
Share the love!
I just know you’re going to thank me for sharing these! I know, I know, a totally modest statement to make! *wink* While usually stuffed with parmesan, pecorino romano or cream cheese, these are squeaky clean. My family has been making stuffed mushrooms since the dawn of time, and I knew it was crucial to create a Whole30 version that kept with the super easy, ultra delicious crowd pleasing appetizer this is! It’s perfect for parties, date night dinners, or even holidays.
Be sure to tag me over on Instagram, I would love to hear/see how you all enjoy them!
- 1 lb Whole white mushrooms
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil (approximately)
- 3 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley divided
- ½ cup Almond flour
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a paper towel, wipe off any dirt from the mushrooms. Remove the stems and roughly chop – set aside
- Heat skilled over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add 1 Tablespoon of oil, the mushrooms stems and pinch of salt- sautéing until all the moisture is out, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and place into a medium mixing bowl – allow to cool slightly
- Once the mushrooms have cooled slightly, add the Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, and almond flour. Mix thoroughly with a fork, but don’t over mix, as you still want it to resemble course bread crumbs
- Fill each mushroom with “breadcrumbs” and drizzle a heavy glug of oil over top- it will be about 1/2-1 Tablespoon each, depends on the size of the mushroom. It’s best to use extra virgin olive oil, as the flavoring is mild, so the mushrooms can really shine
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the tops have become a golden brown. Pro tip: if the mushrooms are not all close in size, some may cook more quickly, be sure to check on those smaller guys in case they get browned sooner
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley
- And just for the record, these babies can be served both immediately and at room temperature- they’re just that good (but you may prefer to have them warmed)