Paleo Playdate Bites
Share the love!
These. Are. Delicious. Honestly, if I was not knee deep in a round of Whole30, I could easily snack away. The boys have also made known their love of these “balls.”. Haha! Ahhh … boy mom problems! These would be perfect for nut-friendly playdates, school lunches and picnics. And even if there are no kiddos in your home, these would make a marvelous anytime treat, or wonderful post workout protein.
They are done in the food processor, and come together within minutes. They can be stored in the refrigerator (sealed container) for up a week (if they last that long), or a 1 month in the freezer.
- 10 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp Salt (divided)
- 3 tbsp Sliced almonds
- 3 tsp Shredded coconut
- ½ cup Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 2 scoops Collagen protein (I used Vital Proteins)
- 2 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup Almond butter
- Combine sliced almonds, shredded coconut and half of the salt into the food processor. Pulse 3-5 times to break up the larger almond pieces. Remove and place onto a plate
- In the food processor (no need to clean it out from the sliced almonds) combine the dates, almond flour and coconut flour. Pulse a few times until the dates are coarsely chopped
- Add almond butter, collagen, maple syrup, and remaining salt
- Pulse until it forms a dough like consistency – you may want to try rolling a piece to see how well it works. If it’s not coming together easily, add a little more syrup (1 teaspoon at a time) in order to get the desired consistency
- Roll into 10 balls (I like to use the cookie scooper to ensure they are similar in size) Then roll in the almond mixture, coating as best as possible
Inspired by: Healthy Seasonal Recipes