Rise and Shine Prosciutto Egg Cups (Whole30, Paleo + Keto)
Share the love!
Meal prep is the hero of healthy eating. It’s the kind of habit that makes long term change possible. These egg cups are the perfect item to add to your meal planning rotation. The crispy salty prosciutto, the creamy egg, and the zest from the lemon make these so satisfying. I like to serve with sliced avocado, and some mixed berries. And if you’re feeling really adventurous, add a few pinches of red pepper flakes!
As for storing, I recommend keeping them sealed in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, and reheat either in the skillet, or microwave. I prefer the skillet- I just heat over medium heat, and cover for 1-2 minutes, until warmed through. This helps keeps the prosciutto crispy!
- 6 large eggs
- 6 slices prosciutto be sure to check labels
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray I prefer avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat skillet over medium heat, when warm, lightly spray with cooking spray, then, wilt the spinach, add a pinch of salt, and light squeeze of lemon, set aside
- Coat six muffin cups with cooking spray, set aside
- Gently press prosciutto into each prepared muffin cup, carefully ruffling the edges to ensure they are not touching the cup next to them
- Break an egg into a measuring cup (this helps to prevent any shells from being left behind), and gently slip the egg into a muffin cup
- Using tongs, gently place wilted spinach on the side of the yolk, followed by 2 tomato halves
- Top with generous pinch of salt, freshly cracked pepper, red pepper flakes (if desired)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the whites are completely set, and yolks are thickened. Let stand in the muffin cups for 3-5 minutes before serving. Carefully remove egg cups from muffin cups, and sprinkle with lemon zest and additional salt and pepper, if desired