Whole30 Caramelized Mushroom & Onion frittata
Share the love!
There is something so satisfying about watching the goodness that comes with caramelizing mushrooms and onions. The longer you allow them to cook, the more delicious and flavorful they become. This very simple recipe, with just a few ingredients, is perfect for a simple dinner, weekend brunch, or even meal prepping.
Frittatas are also a wonderful way to use up some of the veggies that are about to turn. I’m excited for you to give it a try. Enjoy!
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 8 eggs whisked
- 2 tsbp almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 scallions sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Over medium heat, warm your skillet, melt ghee, add olive oil, mushrooms and onions, a large pinch of salt, and gently mix
- Cook for 20 minutes, until the mushrooms start to brown, and the onions are transluscent and soft
- Add in the coconut aminos, garlic powder, and pepper, gently mix – the sauce will start to thicken once it's ready, about 10 more mintues
- Once the mushrooms and onions have finished carmalizing, carefully spread them on the bottom of the skillet, turn off the heat, and add the egg mixture – do not mix
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes
- Remove from the oven, and allow to sit for 5 minute before slicing
- Garnish with scallions