Whole30 Smashed Potatoes
Buckle up, buttercup! These Whole30 smashed potatoes are pretty much the best thing ever. No, seriously. We all know that potatoes are the perfect side, and these are no exception. I just made these for Sunday family dinner, and let’s just say, we didn’t have any leftovers (insert smug emoji).
BUTTTTT … if you do have leftovers, they are great for breakfast (#putaneggonit), lunch or even just a snack with some Tessemae’s ranch (dunnnnnnnk).
Be sure to follow along on Instagram for more fun!
- 1 lb Fingerling or baby potatoes
- ½ – 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ – 1 tsp Onion powder
- ½ – 1 tsp Pepper
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dried parsley (1 tablespoon fresh)
- ¼ cup Olive oil – approximate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring water to a boil, add salt and boil potatoes until fork tender
- Strain potates and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Carefully smash the potatoes using or fork or potato masher
- Drizzle each potato with 1 teaspoon of olive oil (approximately), pinch of garlic powder, pinch of onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove, drizzle all the potatoes with a little more olive oil and another heavy sprinkle of salt (I prefer them salty- cut this down if you don’t)
- Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, depending on desired crispiness
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley